Mission Community Skills Centre Society (MCSCS) is growing and we're looking for a Facilitator for each of our programs in Abbotsford & Langley! (Pending Funding)
About MCSCS: The Mission Community Skills Centre Society is a community-based resource dedicated to helping people improve their employability through quality services and training as defined by our clients. We are a starting point for tomorrow’s leaders. Our partnerships with business and organizations enable innovative and quality programming that responds to the needs of our participants and contributes to the economic and social health of our communities. Our standards of service and program quality are high and these standards are reflected in the positive outcome of our graduates and participants.
Why MCSCS: We believe in collaboration, fun & work, encouragement, respect, self-direction, and self-reliance! Come Join our Team!
Title: Facilitator / Employment Advisor
Job Description: Facilitator / Employment Advisor will be responsible for delivery of formal, employment services to participants through workshop facilitation and one-to-one coaching. This position guides participants through these services and activities using a holistic model with a focus on clients in the process of transitioning into the labour market.
- Conduct effective workshops/sessions that form the basis of program activities and content.
- Assist in development and adaptation of curriculum, schedule and program development for an adult learning environment with clear learning objectives and organized documentation.
- Administer the Employment Readiness Scale with clients and review results.
- Facilitate workshops in a manner conducive to participant motivation.
- Record and report on attendance for all sessions with supporting documents.
- Build the continuity of participants learning throughout the career transitioning process.
One-on-One Employment Counselling/Coaching:
- Provide action-oriented, solution-focused employment counselling to address barriers to (re)entry into the labour market.
- Assess needs and address appropriate next-steps plan with participants.
- Assist participants in employment related issues such as career/job transition, self-esteem, confidence building, communications skills, decision making, problem solving, and stress management.
- Assess appropriateness of participants goals with labour/business market opportunities.
- Lead participants to self-awareness through interpretation of assessment tools.
- Draw the correlation between the participants transferable skills and labour market opportunities.
- Assist in development of awareness of employability skills in changing workplace.
- Maintain in-house case management files and client service statistics.
- Conduct intake assessment/referral interviews for all potential participants.
- Conduct follow up including one-on-one sessions to review participants progress and offer additional support as needed.
- Track participants progress and report as per MCSCS procedures.
- Market and conduct information/orientation sessions and one-on-one interviews for all potential participants to meet program expectations.
- Assist in marketing program to prospective participants, agencies, and employers.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to connect to employer by coordinating employer panel and guest speaker sessions and coordinate on-site job fairs.
- Liaise with employers to source employment opportunities for participants and to secure information on recruitment and hiring practices.
- Share labour market trends with team: business closures, business openings, major hires.
- Abide by the policies of MCSCS as they exist or are developed.
- Familiarize self with scope and content of programs and services provided by Society.
- Maintain ethics and professionalism in delivery of service and in dealing with all participants and staff.
- Work collaboratively and proactively.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of community resources and services.
- Remain flexible and adapt to change.
- Provide constructive feedback to management about program content and systems.
- Maintain participant confidentiality and documentation in accordance with privacy laws.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Demonstrated experience with Career Decision-Making and Job Search principles.
- Career Development Practitioner Certification and proven years of experience in facilitation in both one-on-one and workshop environments.
- Demonstrated experience in administering and interpreting a variety of assessments used in job search programs (including but not limited to ERS, PSI, VPI)
- Good working knowledge of Labour Market Information.
- High level of computer skills to include: MS Office Suite, internet research and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective advising, motivational and positive reinforcement skills.
- Ability to work in an informal or classroom environment supporting participants according to their needs.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Employment Programs and Human Resources